THE GRAND CANYON IN AMERICAN HISTORY
- Who Owns the Grand Canyon?
- Humans at Grand Canyon
- Native Cultures
- Science and the Grand Canyon
- Logging, Mining, and Ranching
- Literature and the Grand Canyon
- Music and the Grand Canyon
- Photography and the Visual Arts
- The Colorado River in Canyon History
EXPLORE THE CANYON HISTORY
The Archaic people were semi-nomadic, living in small groups and moving with the seasons up and down the canyon levels. They collected wild fruits and seeds, hunted bighorn sheep and deer by following the...
A Visual Experience Over time, images of the Grand Canyon have been widely circulated and viewed by tens of millions of people. Although this national park now includes over 2.2 million acres...